ZAP Marketing Partners - Big Bang Marketing, Advertising & PR
RSS Become a Fan

Recent Posts

A Few More Reasons Why Social Media Matters
6 More Reasons You Can’t Ignore Social Media Marketing
7 Tips to Successfully Grow Your Business
10 Laws of Social Media Marketing
72 Marketing Definitions - You pick what you like.

Categories

Advertising
Branding
Business Development
Jon's Tip Of The week
Marketing
Strategic Planning
powered by

ZAP Blog

5 Simple Steps to Develop a Marketing Strategy

The benefits of a planned marketing strategy are numerous. Business owners often rely solely on their intuition to make business decisions. While this informal knowledge is important in the decision making process, it may not provide you with all the facts you need to achieve marketing results. A marketing strategy will help you in defining business goals and develop activities to achieve them.

Here's How:
  1. Describe your company's unique selling proposition (USP).
  2. Define your target market.
  3. Write down the benefits of your products or services.
  4. Describe how you will position your products or services.
  5. Define your marketing methods. Will you advertise, use Internet marketing, direct marketing, or public relations?
Tips:
  1. Your Unique Selling Proposition sets you out from the rest, don't try to develop a marketing plan without one.
  2. It's important that you have a budget developed for your marketing plan. Marketing is an investment.
  3. Revisit your marketing plan at least once every quarter. Are you on target? Do you need to revise it?

Excerpted from an article by Laura Lake for About.com

6 Comments to 5 Simple Steps to Develop a Marketing Strategy:

Comments RSS
ip3 plastics on Monday, March 31, 2014 4:47 AM
Reply to comment

SEO in Pune on Friday, April 25, 2014 12:55 AM
All these points which you have shared in your post is very helpful for me. Thanks for sharing this post...
Reply to comment

ip3 plastics on Friday, April 25, 2014 7:45 AM
Thank you very much for sharing this useful information. I was doing a project and for that I was looking for related information. Some of the points are very useful. Do share some more material if you have. nice sharing! Keep it up and keep shearing.
Reply to comment

losangelesseoservice.wordpress.com on Thursday, May 01, 2014 6:14 AM
Thanks for sharing marketing strategy business plan information. Some of the point are very useful and interesting for me. Thanks for post this information.
Reply to comment

Web design on Friday, May 16, 2014 4:53 AM
I was looking forward such kind of post 5 Simple Steps to Develop a Marketing Strategy.I have been much benefited to get this informative site. Thanks a million friend. Carry on.
Reply to comment

ip3 plastics on Friday, September 05, 2014 6:01 AM
Thanks for sharing this type of information. I am hoping the same high-grade website post from you in the upcoming also. Actually your creative writing skills has inspired me to get my own web site now
Reply to comment